Many of us spend more waking hours at work than at home – and so it makes perfect sense that we should work somewhere that we actually WANT to be, right? I recently asked my team: what makes a company a great place to work? Check out a few of their answers below, and then leave a comment on our Facebook page to share your perspective!
A company is a great place to work when…
…it believes teamwork makes the dream work
- “For me, it is the solid team that I am a part of. No one is better than anyone else. We all have each other’s backs. We all work equally hard to get the job done. Yet, we are all like single ingredients in your favorite recipe. We each serve our own individual purpose and are good on our own, but when you put us all together, you get an award-winning dish! I’m happy to be part of such an amazing team.” – Tracy O., Anderson, SC
- “A team that genuinely cares not just for themselves but for others. A team that is on the same page and working toward common goals. A team that believes in work-life balance.” – Kendra A., Gonzales, LA
- “One that is structured yet not too stiff or rigid. One with levity and humor. One where teammates can be selfless and willing to occasionally sacrifice for others without expecting reward or anything in return.” – Nick K., Cincinnati, OK
…it embraces employee engagement and appreciation
- “When a company takes the time to appreciate its employees. Good benefits and a good work environment are also important.” – Denice G., Beaumont, TX
- “When a company makes employees feel valued and like they contribute to the overall success of the organization, then coming to work becomes more joyful and meaningful.” – Stephanie D., Lafayette, LA
- “A company that engages with its employees, offers ongoing incentives and opportunity to grow with the company, challenges its employees with work processes and tasks, provides constructive feedback, acknowledges employee efforts, and includes them in the planning and practices that lead to company growth and increased revenue.” – Jennifer W., Leesburg, AL
…it has effective and supportive leadership
- “Leadership that we can count on and trust! A team that pushes, encourages, laughs and is dedicated to growing!” – Billie D., Coon Rapids, MN
- “Two of the most important things, in my opinion, that make a company a great place to work are the leadership team and work/life balance.” – Jennifer T., Cincinnati, OH
There are a number of things that employers can do to make work environments fun and engaging. What do YOU think makes a company a great place to work? Hop over to our Facebook page to share your thoughts! I look forward to reading your responses!