There are many misconceptions about recruiters. A common one: we don’t have the candidate’s best interest in mind and only care about filling a role for our client.
This couldn’t be further from the truth. Though we’re technically hired by employers, we work with both clients and talent. It’s important to us that all decisions are in your best interest.
Recruiters offer a number of perks for job seekers. Here are our top 10 reasons to work with a recruiter:
- Access unlisted job openings. Many companies do not use job boards and exclusively list with a staffing agency. The only way to access these jobs is through a recruiter.
- Connect with hiring managers. They say it’s not what you know, but who you know. Recruiters know hiring managers at top companies in your area.
- Mitigate stress. Let’s face it: job hunting can be stressful – and time consuming! Working with a recruiter diminishes the pressure because you’re not going at it alone.
- Receive job help – at no charge! The recruiter is paid by their employer, the staffing agency – you pay nothing, yet get awesome service!
- Enhance your resume. Recruiters review dozens or more resumes every day. They know what hiring managers are looking for in a resume and will offer direction to help you improve it – and stand out!
- Avoid the black hole. Apply for a job through a company website or online job board and there’s a good chance that your resume will get lost in the shuffle. A recruiter will send your resume directly to the hiring manager.
- Be better prepared for interviews. A good recruiter will give you the 411 on the people you will be meeting with during an interview, what questions might be asked, and how to best present yourself.
- Get the salary/rate you deserve. Recruiters know your value. They know the ins and outs of the market rate for your level of experience.
- Search passively. Even if you’re not actively looking for a new job, a recruiter can keep you in mind for great opportunities worth considering.
- Have more fun! Looking for a job should be an exciting time. We’re talking about your future here, after all! Recruiters make the process of looking for a job more enjoyable.
Want to see for yourself what it’s like to work with a recruiter? Submit your resume today so that we can review your work history – and we’ll call you to connect. We may even have a job for you to consider right away!